So, you’re ready to graduate from your spreadsheet or social media group of corporate alumni and look into investing in a more robust platform that will drive value for both your company and its employees. But, you’re not sure what makes a strong corporate alumni platform.
First and foremost, a corporate alumni program should have the key feature of supporting, of course, a robust network. At its core, corporate alumni programs are only as strong as the number of engaged alumni and employees within them — which means that the most important starting point of any program is ensuring that you have the proper directory capabilities built in.
Specifically, you’ll want not only a full directory of teams and members but also the following:
- Customizable tags and internal scoring systems so you can surface and match relevant connections for members
- Various ways to filter, review, and assess member data, and
- Easily visible key information at-a-glance (Current Position, Last Position Held at Company, Location), and
- A central administrative dashboard for complete network control.
Second, one powerful ROI that corporate alumni programs drive is the optimization of recruiting costs. How? By providing a platform that not only unites your past and present employee base but creates a valuable network for tapping into when recruiting.
To this end, you’ll want to make sure that your program and the respective platform on which you select to run it have a wide range of capabilities, including the ability for:
- Both admin and members to share professional opportunities and receive applications,
- Members to easily make referrals directly in-platform, and
- For admin and members to network, message one another, and schedule events.
Last and certainly not least, you’ll want to make sure that the platform you’re using to support your corporate alumni program is not just a one-and-done sort of tool. What does this mean? You’ll want to keep members as engaged as possible and on a regular basis, to help grow the network which will, in turn, grow the value it adds to both your company and its employees. This category of features may seem like a luxury, but trust us, it is what keeps the alumni coming back!
With tools like Alumni Reach, corporations love leveraging engagement features such as:
- Location map-view of all alumni and teams,
- In-app messaging & discussion forums,
- Advanced Search Capabilities,
- And more.
Outside of the above categories and features, formal alumni platforms come in all shapes and sizes. We recommend using this list as a starting point and then paring it down to see which features are most important for you, your company, and of course, your alumni!
Access the Corporate Alumni Network Platform of Your Dreams
Top firms choose and implement Alumni Reach to recruit talent, increase brand awareness, and gain valuable market intelligence to build strong connections with customers. Why? Because it is a comprehensive, easy-to-use platform that corporations leverage to unlock the full potential of their corporate alumni network.
Are you ready to unlock the power of your Corporate Alumni Network? Book a Free Demo Today